Google
 

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Licker Repaint

The Licker has always been one of my favorite creature designs. NECA's most recent take on the monster is one of the best. The sculpt is solid, despite the lack of the shoulder blade armor in the actual character design. The figure is based off of a piece of promotional art rather than the actual creature from the gameplay. That left it with a very dull, very flat pink paint job that looked nothing like the exposed muscle that was sculpted.



With a few shades of red drybrushing and a gloss overcoat, I was able to bring out more of the detail. Keep in mind, this is probably one of the simplest repaints of all time. The effect makes it look like it took a significant amount of work, but to be honest, this may be my fastest repaint of all time. I fully repainted the facial area to remove the green and then hit the whole body with a few custom mixed shades of red. When it was dry, I hit the whole thing with a glossy acrylic sealer and then an overcoat of matte sealer to lock everything in.



In the end I was pleased with the result. I'm sure if i took more time I could make it significantly better. In addition, I think the sculpted shoulder blade armor would be an amazing addition to the figure. Maybe I'll get to that one day. Only time will tell.


-Avi

No comments:

Blog Archive